Georgette Heyer: A Century Spent Having a Ball (an un-conference) on 25 February 2021
2021 sees the centenary of the publication of Georgette Heyer’s first novel, The Black Moth, whose legacy UCL Press is recognising through the publication (on 25th February 2021) of a series of essays – Georgette Heyer, History and Historical Fiction edited by Dr Samantha Rayner and Professor Kim Wilkins.
To mark the launch of the publication, there will be a series of celebratory events hosted by UCL Press & Pink, Auld & Brown (which will be released on 25 Feb for you to watch at your leisure) to highlight Heyer’s wonderful work.
Book your ticket here (use the code: HEYERFAN for free entry!) https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/georgette-heyer-an-un-conference-25-february-2021-tickets-140839403447?aff=ebdssbonlinesearch#
- Publication Keynote: The Black Moth and Beyond - in Conversation with Biographer Jennifer Kloester & Professor Kim Wilkins
- Guest Keynote: Philippa Gregory in Conversation
- Writing Historical Fiction: What can we Learn from Heyer - with novelists Kate Forsyth & Alison Goodman. Chair: Professor Kim Wilkins
- Heyer: The Nonesuch of her Time and the Original Influencer - with authors & Heyer aficionados including Harriet Evans, Katie Fforde, Lois McMaster Bujold & Cathy Rentzenbrink. Chair: Jacks Thomas
- Georgette Heyer, History and Historical Fiction: A volume of essays - brought to life with Kathleen Jennings, Tom Zille & Vanda Wilcox. Chair: Dr Samantha Rayner
- Guest Podcast from Shelf-Healing: Carriages & Costumes: Regency Replicated & Reimagined - hosted by Rebecca Markwick, with guests Amy Bracey & Zack Pinsent
Book your ticket now to receive access to all celebratory events (all sessions are pre-recorded as live, we will email you the access links at 9am GMT on 25 February). Use the code: HEYERFAN for free entry! https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/georgette-heyer-an-un-conference-25-february-2021-tickets-140839403447?aff=ebdssbonlinesearch#