Citizenship, Democracy and Belonging in Suburban Britain
Making the local
Citizenship, Democracy and Belonging in Suburban Britain is of interest to anthropologists, urban studies scholars, geographers and those interested in the notions of democracy, inclusion, citizenship and anthropological practice.
David Jeevendrampillai is Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Anthropology, UCL.
List of figures
3. The making of an unused map: moments of incommensurability
4. How to make a suburb part 1: diagrams, expertise and cake
5. Being stupid in the suburbs: life in the state of Seething
6. Making a suburb part 2: the research activities of the Free University of Seething
7. Citizenship in the suburbs: shit and the story of the filter beds
Afterword by an anonymous interlocutor
Format: Open Access PDF
25 colour illustrations
Copyright: © 2021
Publication: October 04, 2021