Temptation in the Archives
Essays in Golden Age Dutch Culture
Lisa Jardine CBE (1944-2015) was Professor of Renaissance Studies at UCL, and Director of the UCL Centre for Editing Lives and Letters. She was the author of many works, including Going Dutch, Ingenious Pursuits and Worldly Goods.
1. Temptation in the Archives
2. 1688 And All That: Some Curious Consequences of ‘Going Dutch’
3. Never Trust a Pirate: Christiaan Huygens’s Longitude Clocks
4. The Reputation of Sir Constantijn Huygens: Networker or Virtuoso?
5. ‘Dear Song’: Scholarly Whitewashing of the Correspondence between Constantijn Huygens and Dorothea van Dorp
6. The Afterlife of Homo Ludens: From Johan Huizinga to Natalie Zemon Davis and Beyond
'these essays make interesting and stimulating reading, and represent a poignant reminder of her distinctive contribution to Anglo-Dutch scholarship.'
BMGN - Low Countries Historical Review
Format: Open Access PDF
Publication: June 04, 2015