Open Access has its philosophical roots in the traditional values and goals of the academy – collegiality, research and knowledge creation as a shared endeavour, a collaborative approach to enquiry, the furtherance of human understanding and the diffusion of knowledge to the benefit of society at large.
Our authors choose to publish in open access for many reasons, including:
- Increased usage, visibility and impact
- Ability to reach marginalised areas and communities who would not otherwise be able to access your work
- Makes the results of publicly funded research available to all through a free, unrestricted online access system
- Creates a global knowledge resource for the benefit of all
- Access to research for policy and decision makers
See Open Access at UCL for more information.